Many men don’t always make the healthiest choices when it comes to eating, especially when there are more attractive options at hand. However, it’s safe to say that most guys are aware that good nutrition is essential to good health. In the last decade, in particular, there has been increasing publicity concerning the dangers of poor nutrition, especially when it comes to fat, processed foods and excessive amounts of sugar.
What may surprise many men is that the virtues of healthy eating don’t extend only to the waistline, with respect to preventing obesity and maintaining heart health. But the fact is that even the penis and men’s sexual health is affected by the diet, and getting the right nutrients for penis health can help to prevent or overcome a variety of common penis problems.
Below are some of the most powerful foods for penis health and sexual function:
1. Salmon and mackerel: Oily, fleshy fish like salmon and mackerel contain high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids, which are crucial to healthy nerve function, a significant factor in penile function - especially when it comes to sensitivity.
2. Chili peppers: Hot peppers can add a kick to more than just food; the release of endorphins brought on by capsaicin (the natural chemical found in chilies that gives them their heat) can also perk up the penis. The vitamin C in chili peppers is also needed for healthy blood flow (think erections), as well as maintaining elasticity and tone of the penis skin.
3. Chocolate: Not just for women, the cacao that is the primary ingredient can get men going, too. Cacao contains stimulants that lend physical agility, and research has shown that dark chocolate can help to prevent premature ejaculation.
4. Garlic: While men might think of garlic breath as a turn-off when it comes to the opposite sex, the fact is that garlic contains powerful nutrients that are essential to penile function. Garlic also boosts immune function and works as an antifungal, and may help to prevent yeast infections - which are common in men, as well as women.
5. Oysters: Oysters have been viewed as a natural aphrodisiac for centuries, which can be attributed, at least in part, to their appearance. However, there may be some underlying truth to this idea; oysters contain the neurochemical dopamine, which increases feelings of well-being and (possibly) sexual desire. On top of this, they contain high levels of zinc, which is necessary for maintaining appropriate levels of testosterone and keeping the sperm healthy.
6. Gingseng: Preparations containing ginseng are often touted for boosting male sexual performance, and for good reason. Ginseng contains high levels of the amino acid L-arginine, an important nutrient which is believed to boost penile sensitivity, as well as increasing blood flow and improving energy levels and stamina.
7. Honey: This highly nutritious natural sweetener contains B vitamins that are essential for testosterone production and can help to increase both desire and performance, as well as boosting overall penis health.
8. Berries: Berries of all kinds are loaded with antioxidants, which protect the penile tissue from environmental damage that can cause early aging, loss of sensitivity and numerous other issues related to penis function.
Including these foods in the diet can be part of promoting a healthier penis and a happier sex life. On the other hand, getting these ingredients regularly can be a challenge, and in many cases, the nutrients they contain are delivered to other parts of the body. On the other hand, supplementing the diet by applying a specialized penis nutrient formula (most health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) containing vitamins, amino acids and antioxidants that are specifically designed to improve penis nerve and skin health. Rubbing a penis cream directly onto the skin can ensure that it is absorbed where it is needed for maximum penile benefits.